So many people shy away from a career in sales because they believe they’re not ‘salespeople’. How can you build your brand without using aggressive sales tactics? Where should you be concentrating your efforts, and which tools should you be using? On this episode, host of the Massive Agent podcast, Dustin Brohm shares how social media and online assets took his brand to the top.
By broadening your online content, you’ll get people to know, like and trust you. -Doren Aldana
- Be honest about what you want to do and what you’re good at. If you don’t enjoy aggressive marketing, like direct phone calls, find a different approach.
- Any kind of sales requires people to know, like and trust you. Video makes this very easy, on a large scale.
- Branding is about getting people to recognize you. Market yourself to your community- but rather than selling your products, offer advice, reviews and insights for free. Make sure you’re recognizable even before people need your services.
At the start of the episode, Dustin shared that he struggled with traditional forms of marketing as a real estate agent. He then explained why he started using social media to brand himself, rather than his area of expertise. Dustin is adamant that his success comes from being authentic and serving his community.
We also discussed:
- Why it’s important to consider the platform where you post your content
- That content is more important than the frequency of your online activity
- The necessity for good graphics
Social media and internet tools are changing the game in more ways than one. However, remember that even though the internet gives you access to a wider reach than was previously possible, sometimes the best business you can attract is in your own community. Be authentic online to attract the right customer, and focus on being a great guide and helper in your sphere of influence. With so many options out there for your customer, it’s more important now than ever before to make sure your community knows, likes and trusts you.
Guest Bio -
Dustin Brohm is a Real Estate Agent, national speaker, trainer and host of the Massive Agent podcast. He’s also a marketer at heart, and is passionate about using technology to brand himself and his business more effectively. Dustin believes that authenticity is the key to doing business more effectively, and that being yourself not only entices the right client for you; but discourages the wrong ones from approaching you as well.
To find out more about Dustin, search @DustinBrohm or @massiveagent on all social media platforms.
You can also find him on Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/dustinbrohm
And listen to his podcast on https://massiveagentpodcast.com