Entrepreneurs are often told that they can achieve anything they put their minds to. While this may be encouraging, it’s still a matter of execution. How do we know we’re using our time effectively enough to reach the goals we’ve set? Is visualization truly so powerful that we can rely on it to get us to where we want to be? On this episode, acclaimed author of the 5 Minute Success books, Karen Briscoe, shares how to zone in on visualization and habit creation to find lasting success.
Vision without action is futile. - Doren Aldana
- If you’re struggling to decide how to do something, consider your ‘why’. Paying attention to your motivation goes a long way in finding solutions.
- Make sure that your visualizations are supplemented by actions that will help those visions come to fruition.
- Build from the ground up, rather than diving straight in. You cannot create enduring success without a strong foundation.
At the start of the episode, Karen shared that she began her path to enduring success after raising her children. She uses this as an example to highlight that there is no timeline to success. In fact, she considers herself an example to counter the belief that it’s ever ‘too late’ to achieve your goals. Towards the end of the show, Karen emphasizes the importance of supplementing vision with action. The two are inherently linked, and one cannot be successful without the other.
Karen also gave insights on:
- Why it’s important to monitor yourself and your progress.
- The necessity to start forming new habits slowly.
- How taking breaks can re-center you and help with productivity.
Visualization is a powerful tool, but it can only go so far when used in isolation. The key to success lies in tracking your activity and learning from what you’ve observed. Insanity is considered the act of repeating behaviors and expecting to see different outcomes. By monitoring yourself, you’re not only holding yourself accountable, you’re ensuring you learn from your mistakes. Create a habit of visualizing and paying attention to your behavior, and your actions will have more impact.
Guest Bio -
Karen Briscoe is the genius behind the 5 Minutes to Success books. With a successful background in real estate, Karen has crafted an approach to business that has won industry-wide acclaim. This approach is based on her own journey. Karen places emphasis on the importance of combining actions, visualization and subtle habit creation to achieve enduring success. Having generated $1.5 billion in real estate sales, her advice is not only helpful, but indeed vital to all those seeking thrive. Go to https://www.5minutesuccess.com/ for more information.