Social media is a great way to reach a large audience and generate leads with less effort-- yet so many people fail at it or neglect it. What makes the difference between merely sharing your status updates on social media and actually establishing yourself as the GO-TO expert to a growing following of your ideal prospects? What kind of content makes the difference between getting a few likes and getting REAL clients? In this episode Ryan Stewman, a social media guru and bestselling author, talks about what kind of content works like a lead machine.
You can’t “feel” your way into taking action. You have to act your way into taking action. -Ryan Stewman
- Sharing our success on social media will eventually generate leads. Who wouldn’t like to work with someone who has a proven track of success?
- One of the biggest mistakes people make is to think themselves out of a bad situation. We have to take action even when it doesn’t feel good or comfortable to do so.
- Becoming an action-taker doesn’t have to happen overnight. It happens daily with small steps that help work towards an improved version of ourselves. We won’t like our new schedule in the beginning, but the results are worth in the end.
In the beginning of the episode, we talked about how social media can work like a lead magnet by finding the right way to share our wins.
We also covered:
- How to find out what’s in the mind of the prospect
- What kind of wins should be shared and what is relevant for the prospect
- Why the “force of the average” will try to drag you back to the comfort zone-- and how to fight it
Many people think seem to think that if they act like celebrities and only brag about their accomplishments that people will respect them and want to do business with them. While we might get a few likes, the people who we want to target don’t care all that much about our personal life. They care about what we can do for them. Each time we post something on social media, we have to ask ourselves, “How does this come off as relevant and interesting to the people I’m targeting?”
Guest Bio -
Ryan Stewman, also known as the Hard Closer, is a social media guru with a background in the mortgage industry. He closed over 181 loans in 2009, when the market crashed, but he was forced out of the industry due to legislation changes that prevented him to renew his licence. He then turned to social media, where he gained a huge following and soon started to teach others how to grow their businesses using social media as well. Since then, he has been published in Forbes, Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur, and has been a 6-time bestselling author.