Profitability is a fundamental in business, and a key to restaurants staying in business. How do seemingly functional establishments struggle to stay afloat? Why is internal marketing a huge factor in lasting success? What role do strategic alliances play in the growth of a restaurant? On this episode, restaurateur and founder of Restaurant Rockstars, Roger Beaudoin shares the keys to increasing profits, and how to go from spinning wheels to printing dollars.
If you can train your staff to market your business for you, then ultimately your customers are going to market your business for you. -Roger Beaudoin
- The restaurant business is about consistency and entertainment.
- Strategic alliances: Be community minded, sponsor community events and work together so everybody prospers.
- Before you roll out any powerful marketing program you have to take care of the fundamentals.
- Inventory: The restaurant business is notorious for theft, until you build your dream team staff, you won’t have a handle on this.
At the start of the show, Roger shared on how he got to where he is, and what helped him succeed. “Creating systems, applying business knowledge and treating every guest like they were the most important customer in my restaurant, and training my staff to do the same thing.” Next, he shared on staff training and creating a company culture of “hospitality, family, teamwork and respect.” Towards the end of the show, Roger talked about the value of being community minded, the actions that impact profitability and the importance of building your dream team.
Roger also shared on:
- Why his staff is the backbone of his business
- Internal marketing and how it can take a business to the next level
- Customer affinity and why it matters
- The power of strategic alliances
- The importance of having a cash cow
- How to build financial systems to max out your profits
A well-run restaurant business doesn’t by occur happenstance, or by default. It happens by design. It’s about finding efficiencies across all operations, dialing in your numbers, building strategic alliances and nurturing top-down purposeful intention. When an internal culture of teamwork and collective achievement is fostered, it radiates outwards and creates customer affinity. When you create affinity with your customer, there is nothing more powerful, because they’ll feel like they belong to your business.
Roger is the Founder of the Sales Stars Server Training Program, Author of Rock Your Restaurant, a game-changing guide to Restaurant Finances and Creator of The Restaurant Rockstars Academy. He is a successful restaurant entrepreneur who has founded and operated 4 restaurants/hospitality companies over the past 18 years. He recently sold the Matterhorn SKI BAR in Maine, a seasonal restaurant and bar that generated over $1 MILLION dollars sales in just 4 months. Go to RestaurantRockstars.com for more information or send an email to Roger@RestaurantRockstars.com.