Social media is a fantastic tool for business, and LinkedIn is at the top of the list of platforms that can help you generate leads. What type of content should you be posting to your LinkedIn account? How can you start making connections with a wider scope of people? On this episode, marketing expert and international bestselling author of LinkedIn Publishing to Profits, Tracy Enos, shares her advice for using Linkedin as a tool for success.
When someone connects with you on Linkedin, remember to tell them you’re honored to be a part of their network. -Tracy Enos
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is attractive, enticing, and relevant. This goes for entrepreneurs and recruiters alike. If you want people to be interested in what you’re offering, make sure your profile looks genuine.
- Grow your network. By connecting with high school friends and others you might not see as your ‘ideal’ customer, you can connect with their respective databases. Don’t exclude anyone from your database. Even if they won’t become clients, they might know someone who will.
- Get active on the LinkedIn newsfeed. To do this, make sure you’re posting great, relevant content. If a lot of people interact with your posts, Linkedin will make them available to a wider network.
At the start of the episode, Tracy shares how she was laid off twice in a short span of time. Rather than let this get to her, Tracy saw the opportunity for growth and at her sister’s suggestion, started her own business. Given her expertise in marketing, Tracy decided to start teaching people how to use LinkedIn for their businesses.
We also discussed:
- Why LinkedIn isn’t just about popularity
- Why your profile has to be customer-focused.
- What to say to the people who interact with your posts.
Compared to the most popular social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn is often overlooked. However, LinkedIn is the only platform that allows you to search for particular demographics to promote your business. More specifically, it allows you to do this without spending money on advertisements. The best tool for your business is free—why not take advantage of it right now?
Guest Bio -
With over 21 years of experience in sales and marketing, it’s safe to say that Tracy Enos is an expert in her field. However, that’s not to say her journey to success has been easy. On the contrary, despite being successful in her positions (notably, she went from $10/hour to 6 figures in just 4 months), Tracy was laid off by two companies before starting her own business. While her decision to become an entrepreneur in 2013 was a daunting one, Tracy has no regrets. By using her knowledge of marketing, Tracy now teaches people how to become as successful as possible by using Linkedin. She’s also authored an international bestseller book on the subject: Linkedin Publishing to Profits.
To connect with Tracy on LinkedIn, go to https://www.linkedin.com/in/tracyenos
You can also find out more about her on her website: www.TracyEnos.com
And learn more about her bestselling book at: www.linkedintopublishing.com